How To Link NIN To Glo Line (Glo NIN Code). Check Out All You Need To Be Able To Link Your NIN To Your Glo Line.
How To Link NIN To Glo Line (Glo NIN Code): Many people have had their line barred as a result of failure of linkage of NIN to mobile numbers. If you are in this situation, then this article is for you. In this article, you are going to learn how you can easily link your NIN to your Glo line within minutes. Without further ado, let’s get right into it.
What Is NIN?
The NIN is short form for the National identification number which is a set of numbers that will be assigned to every individual that has successfully enrolled for it. The National identification number is an 11-digit number that is unique to every person. This means that you cannot have the same NIN with any other person.
Basically, the NIN helps to tie all records about a person in the database and is used to check the identity.
People Who Need NIN
All the citizens and legal residents of the federal republic of Nigeria are expected to enroll for their national identification number.
Things Needed To Successfully Link My NIN To Glo Line
People have often asked what one needs to be able to link their NIN to their Glo line successfully. It would interest you know that you only need two things to be able to complete this. You only need the phone number you want to link your NIN to and your 11-digit NIN number.
If you have lost your NIN number, you would need to recover it before you start this process.
How To Link NIN To Glo Line (Glo NIN Code)
There are three ways by which you can link your NIN to your Glo number which I think is quite convenient because some network providers only allow you by code dialing. Here are the ways you can link your NIN to your Glo line:
1. Using USSD Code
The first method we are going to be looking at is using USSD to link your NIN to your Glo line. All you need to do is dial *109#, you would then be requested to provide your NIN. Alternatively, you can simply dial *109*NIN#.
2. Visiting Glo’s Website
Another method you can use to link your NIN to your Glo line is visiting the official Glo website, you would need to enter your NIN details and then your name and phone number and your NIN would be successfully linked.
Lastly, you can also link your NIN to your Glo number through SMS. You can simply text your NIN to 109.
How To Get My NIN
If you are wondering how to get your NIN, follow these steps listed below:
- Once you have enrolled successfully for the NIN, you would get a transaction slip
- You would also be informed when you need to come back for your NIN which takes about 1-5 working days to be ready after registration
- You would then be given a second slip called the National identification number (NIN) Slip which is issued when the applicant returns to collect his/her NIN. The NIN slip has your 11-digit number at the top left corner, second row. This is the slip that has the NIN and is valid for all legitimate transactions in Nigeria.
How To Recover Your NIN If You Have Lost It
Have you misplaced your NIN number? Not to worry, because it can be recovered using your mobile phone number. You can recover your lost NIN if you would follow the simple steps, I have highlighted for you below:
- First, you need to dial *346#
- You would get a list of options of which you should select “NIN Retrieval” by typing 1. This only works if you are using the same number you enrolled with for your NIN.
- Next, you need to follow the steps that would be displayed on the screen and then provide details for required inputs.
Note: This service is not free of charge as it costs a fee of 20 NGN. This calls for being extra careful so as not to lose your NIN again or you would have to pay every time if you need to use this service.
If you cannot use this service because you have misplaced the sim card you used in registering for your NIN, you do not need to enroll again. You can go to the nearest ERC and supply your phone number, DOB or fingerprints and your NIN would be given to you
How To Check If My NIN Has Been Linked Successfully To My Glo Line
It is possible to be unsure whether your NIN has been linked to your Glo line or not. If you want to check whether your NIN has been linked to your Glo line successfully, all you need to do is dial *109#, you would then get a message prompting you that your NIN has been uploaded successfully.
However, if you fail to get this confirmatory message, you would need to try and link your NIN details to your phone number till you get the message.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is The Code For Glo NIN?
The code for linking your glo line to your NIN is *109#
2. How Long Does It Take For NIN To Be Validated?
Typically, it takes about 1-5 working days for your NIN to be validated.
3. Can I Use My NIN To Link Another Person Sim?
NCC has warned against allowing another person to use your NIN on their sim cards.
4. Can NIN Work Without Validation?
No, your NIN must be verified and validated by NIMC before you can use it.
5. Can I Do NIN Twice?
No, NIN is only done once in a lifetime for every person.