Stolen Or Lost ATMs Can Cause Fraudulent Transactions On Your Account. Discover How To Block All Bank ATM Card In Nigeria.
How To Block All Bank ATM Card: Nothing is as heart breaking as losing your ATM card. Not only do you have to deal with the stress of having to get a new one, your money is also at risk. Are you searching for information on how to block your bank ATM card? Then you have come to the right place for this information. Whether your ATM card has been stolen or lost, I am going to show you how to block the card so that you do not lose all your money.
There have been problems of people having their money taken off their accounts after they lose their ATM cards but you can avoid all these problems easily when you block your ATM card immediately you notice it is missing. The good part of this is that you do not need to go to the bank before you can block your ATM card. Keep reading this article to learn how to block your bank ATM card in Nigeria.
What To Do If Your ATM Card Has Been Stolen/Lost
If you notice your ATM card has been lost or stolen, you need to act very fast to avoid stories that touches the heart. Here is what you need to do if your ATM card has been stolen or lost:
- If your have your USSD transaction enabled, use it to block your card
- Contact your bank immediately and hint them that your ATM card has been stolen or lost so that they can block it for you.
- Transfer all the funds you have to another account till you get a new ATM
- Lastly, apply for a new ATM. When you get a new ATM, the old one would automatically stop working.
How To Block All Bank ATM Card In Nigeria If Stolen/Lost
Different banks have similar procedures, in order to make things easier for you, I have prepared details on how to block all bank ATM card in Nigeria. Find your bank below:
1. How To Block First Bank Debit Card
First bank happens to be one of the best banks in Nigeria today, blocking your ATM card should be quite easy. If you cannot make it physically to the bank, you can send “block” to 30012 and your ATM card would be blocked quickly.
2. How To Block GTBank ATM Card
One thing I love about GTBank is that there are different methods you can use to block your ATM card. Here is what you can do to block your ATM card:
- You can “Hotlist Nuban” to 08076665555 with your registered phone number
- You can also reach the bank through 0700482666328 and request for a deactivation of your ATM card.
- You can also disable your ATM card through internet banking.
3. How To Block Zenith Bank ATM Card
If your Zenith Bank ATM card has been lost or stolen, it is important that you block it to prevent stories that touches the heart. All you need to so is download the mobile app and the register it. You can disable your ATM card through this app.
Alternatively, you can contact the bank through 012787000 for assistance in blocking your ATM card.
4. How To Block Union Bank ATM Card
You can easily block your Union bank ATM card by sending an sms “Block Card Nuban” to 20123 with the phone number you registered your account with. Immediately, your ATM card would be blocked.
5. How To Block Access Bank ATM Card
If you have misplaced your Access bank ATM card or it has been stolen, there are a number of options to deactivate your ATM card as follows:
- You can disable your card with the mobile app downloaded on your phone.
- You can also instantly deactivate your card when you call the bank on 18005548969.
6. How To Block Keystone Bank ATM Card
Keystone is one of the best commercial banks in Nigeria today, if your card has been stolen or lost, you can deactivate your card by sending a mail to your bank at email@example.com or by placing a call through to them at +23470020003000.
7. How To Block Sterling Bank ATM Card
If your Sterling Bank ATM card has been lost or stolen, it is important that you block it to prevent stories that touches the heart. One good thing about this bank is that they respond to customers complaint on time. You can either can the bank on 070078375464 or you can reach the bank through their verified social media pages.
Read Also: How To Check BVN On Access Bank With Phone
8. How To Block Wema Bank ATM Card
Blocking your Wema bank ATM should be a very easy one. You have the option of manually deactivating your ATM card through their mobile app or the online banking page. You can also choose to text “Card ATM Off” to 33352 with the phone number connected to your account.
9. How To Block Unity Bank ATM Card
If your Unity Bank ATM card has been lost or stolen, it is important that you block it to prevent missing funds from your account. You can call your bank at +2347080666000, +2347057323226, +2347057323227 to block it immediately. Alternatively, you can send a mail to your bank at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. How To Block UBA ATM Card
If you wish to block your UBA ATM card, you can do so by dialing *919*10# from the phone number connected to the account. Alternatively, you can send an email to email@example.com. You can also call the bank on +2347002255822 to help you with your complaint.
11. How To Block Polaris Bank ATM Card
To block your Polaris bank Atm card, just dial *833*4# on your phone and then follow the instructions to block it.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I Disable My ATM Card?
Yes, you can disable your ATM card as a security measure if you think your card has been compromised.
2. What Banks Allow You Block Your Card?
Every commercial bank allows you block your ATM card as a security measure.
3. Can Money Still Be Deposited Into A Locked Account?
Yes, you can get money into frozen bank accounts. However, withdrawals and transfers are not allowed in locked accounts.
4. What is the Best Thing To Do If Your Card Gets Compromised?
Block your card so that you do not lose all your money.
5. Can Anyone Use Your Card If You Lock It?
No, nobody can have access to your card if it has been blocked.
Nobody prays for his or her ATM card to get stolen or lost because it can be draining both mentally and physically. This calls for you to always keep your ATM card very safe because of the physical and financial stress of getting a new one.