How To Link NIN To Airtel Line (NIN Code For Airtel). Get Information On How To Link Your NIN To Your Phone Number Yourself.
How To Link NIN To Airtel Line (NIN Code For Airtel): It has become mandatory to have your NIN linked to all your mobile numbers to avoid blocking of the number. In fact, the NIN is so important that you cannot get a new working sim card in Nigeria anymore without it. Are you in need of information on how you can link your NIN to your airtel line? Then you are definitely on the right platform for this information.
In this article, we are going to explore in-depth information on how to link your NIN to your airtel line and even more! If you are interested in this, then keep reading.
What Is NIN?
The NIN is short form for the National identification number which is a set of numbers that will be assigned to every individual that has successfully enrolled for it. The National identification number is an 11-digit number that is unique to every person. This means that you cannot have the same NIN with any other person.
Basically, the NIN helps to tie all records about a person in the database and is used to check the identity.
People Who Need NIN
All the citizens and legal residents of the federal republic of Nigeria are expected to enroll for their national identification number.
Things Needed To Successfully Link My NIN To Airtel Line
People have often asked what one needs to be able to link their NIN to their airtel line successfully. It would interest you know that you only need two things to be able to complete this. You only need the phone number you want to link your NIN to and your 11-digit NIN number.
If you have lost your NIN number, you would need to recover it before you start this process.
How To Link NIN To Airtel Line (NIN Code For Airtel)
Linking your NIN to your airtel line should not be as difficult as you probably think it will. Here are steps you need to follow to be able to link your NIN to your Airtel sim card:
- First and foremost, you would need to dial *121# on your phone number that you wish to link with your NIN.
- Next, you would need to respond with 1 to select “NIN Capture”
- After you have done that, you would then need to input your NIN number and then send
- Once you have done all these, a message would be sent to you by Airtel as a confirmation that your NIN has successfully been connected. If it has not been connected successfully, you would get an error message telling you to try again.
How To Get My NIN
If you are wondering how to get your NIN, follow these steps listed below:
- Once you have enrolled successfully for the NIN, you would get a transaction slip
- You would also be informed when you need to come back for your NIN which takes about 1-5 working days to be ready after registration
- You would then be given a second slip called the National identification number (NIN) Slip which is issued when the applicant returns to collect his/her NIN. The NIN slip has your 11-digit number at the top left corner, second row. This is the slip that has the NIN and is valid for all legitimate transactions in Nigeria.
How To Recover Your NIN If You Have Lost It
Have you misplaced your NIN number? Not to worry, because it can be recovered using your mobile phone number. You can recover your lost NIN if you would follow the simple steps, I have highlighted for you below:
- First, you need to dial *346#
- You would get a list of options of which you should select “NIN Retrieval” by typing 1. This only works if you are using the same number you enrolled with for your NIN.
- Next, you need to follow the steps that would be displayed on the screen and then provide details for required inputs.
Note: This service is not free of charge as it costs a fee of 20 NGN. This calls for being extra careful so as not to lose your NIN again or you would have to pay every time if you need to use this service.
If you cannot use this service because you have misplaced the sim card you used in registering for your NIN, you do not need to enroll again. You can go to the nearest ERC and supply your phone number, DOB or fingerprints and your NIN would be given to you
How To Check If My NIN Has Been Linked Successfully To My Airtel Line
If you want to check whether your NIN has been linked to your airtel line successfully, all you need to do is dial *1211#, you would then get a message prompting you that your NIN has been uploaded successfully. Then you would get a confirmatory message telling you that your NIN has been linked.
However, if you fail to get this confirmatory message, you would need to try and link your NIN details to your phone number till you get the message.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I Link My NIN To My Airtel Line Myself?
Yes, you can link your NIN to your Airtel line yourself.
2. How Do I Know If My NIN Is Verified?
You can check if your NIN is verified by dialing *346#
3. Can I Use Another Person’s NIN To Link My Line?
NCC has warned against allowing your NIN to be linked to another person’s line.
4. Can I Do NIN Twice?
The simple answer is No, this is because you are only allowed to do NIN once in a lifetime.
5. Does NIN Expire?
No, NIN does not expire because it is expected to last all through your life.