Top 15 List Of Federal Universities That Accept 180 In JAMB | JAMB has recently concluded the marking of UTME 2023 result after the conduct of the exam, school post UTME is fast approaching and JAMB also released the stats of different Institutions. Below are the top federal universities that accept 180 as their JAMB cut off mark.
We compiled this list based on research because many candidates have been searching for; list of university that accept 140-149, federal university that accept 150, federal universities that accept 120 cut off mark, list of federal university that accept 170 as cut off mark, state university that accept 150, polytechnic that accept 150, list of federal university that accept 140, which university has the lowest cut off mark for nursing.
Here are the Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education lists in Nigeria that accept 180 as a cut-off mark. This is a verified information of Universities That Accept 180 Cut Off Mark For Admission. Choose any one that you like if your mark is up to the required score.
Have you lost hope of securing school admission because your JAMB score is not up to 200 marks which some schools set as their cut-off mark? All hope is not lost; you can apply to any of the listed universities, polytechnics and colleges of education as they accept 180 cut-off marks.
Top 15 Federal Universities That Accept 180 In JAMB
1. Federal University of Technology Owerri, FUTO
2. University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
3. University of Jos UNIJOS
4. Niger Delta University NDU
5. Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
6. Federal University Dutsin-Ma, Katsina
7. Federal University Oye-Ekiti
8. Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa State
9. Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun
10. University of Maiduguri, UNIMAID
11. Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto
12. University of Uyo, Uniuyo
13. University of Calabar Unical
14. Ambrose Alli University Edo State (AAU)
15. TAI Solarin University of Education TASUED
List of Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education that Accepts 180-189 Cut-off Mark
- Veritas University, Abuja, FCT
- Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto
- University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State
- University of Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- University of Maiduguri, Borno State
- University of Ilorin, Kwara State
- School of Health Information MGT, Nnamdi Azikiwe Univ Teaching Hospital, Nnewi
- Ritman University, Ikot-Ekpene, Akwa-Ibom State
- Piaget College of Education, Ibara, Abeokuta, Ogun State
- Pan-Atlantic University, Ahmed Onibudo, Victoria Island, Lagos State
- Osun State University, Osogbo, Osun State
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology, Okitipupa, Ondo State
- Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu, Osun State
- Nwafor Orizu, College of Education Nsugbe (The school is affiliated to University of Nigeria, Nsukka)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola, Adamawa State
- Michael Opkara University of Agriculture, Umudike Abia State
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso, Oyo State
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State
- Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State
- Federal University of Technology Owerri Imo State
- Federal University of Technology, Minna, Niger State
- Federal Polytechnic, Nekede, Imo State
- Federal College of Education (TECH) Umunze (The school is affiliated to Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka)
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu, Enugu State
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Covenant University, Canaan Land, Ota, Ogun State
- College of Education Warri (The school is affiliated to Delta State University, Abraka Delta)
- College of Education, Agbor, Delta State
- Bayero University, Kano, Kano State
- Akwa Ibom State University, Akwa Ibom State
- Afe Babalola Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo State (The school is affiliated to AOU, Ile Ife)
- Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic, Bauchi State (The school is affiliated to ATBU Bauchi)
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Bauchi State.
Reasons Why Some Universities Accept 180 Or Lower In JAMB
Obviously, The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is responsible for conducting the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) in Nigeria, which is the entrance examination for admission into universities. While different universities may have varying admission criteria, here are some possible reasons why some universities accept a score of 180 or lower in JAMB:
- Admission Quota: Universities have admission quotas set by regulatory bodies or internal policies. These quotas determine the number of students they can admit each year. In order to fill these quotas, some universities may accept candidates with lower JAMB scores.
- Catchment Area Consideration: Many Nigerian universities have catchment areas or states from which they prioritize admission. These universities often give preference to candidates from their catchment areas, regardless of their JAMB scores. So, a candidate from a catchment area with a score of 180 may have a higher chance of admission compared to candidates from other regions with higher scores.
- Course Availability: The acceptance of lower JAMB scores may depend on the availability of spaces in specific courses. If a university has limited applicants for a particular course, they may be more flexible with the JAMB score requirement to fill those seats.
- Internal Policies: Universities may have their own internal policies regarding admission criteria. Some institutions might prioritize other factors such as post-UTME performance, O’level grades, or other entrance examinations alongside JAMB scores. As a result, they may be more lenient with the JAMB score requirement.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Some universities strive to promote diversity and inclusion by considering applicants from a wide range of backgrounds. They may deliberately admit students with lower JAMB scores to provide opportunities for students who may have faced educational disadvantages or come from marginalized communities.
- Special Consideration: In certain cases, universities may provide special consideration for candidates with exceptional circumstances, such as those with disabilities or outstanding achievements in other areas like sports or the arts. These candidates may be accepted with lower JAMB scores as a result.
NOTE: It’s important to note that the admission criteria and policies can vary significantly among universities. It’s always recommended to check with the specific universities you are interested in to understand their admission requirements and processes accurately.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which University can I go with 150 JAMB score?
There are so many universities that accept 150 JAMB Score. Kindly search this website for more info.
2. Which University in Nigeria accept 150 as cut off mark?
There are many Universities, polytechnics and colleges of Edu. that accept 150 cut-off mark, Some are;
|Kogi||Salem University, Lokoja, Kogi State|
|Ondo||Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo, Ondo State|
|Lagos||Ronik Polytechnic, Ikeja, Lagos State|
|Borno||Ramat Polytechnic, Maiduguri, Borno State|
3. What can I study with 157?
<For polytechnics, candidates with scores between 100 – 120 are also eligible.
- Arts Education.
- Health Education.
- Computer Science Education.
- Economics Education.
- Mathematics Education.
- Physics Education.
- Religious Studies Education.
- Biology Education.
4. What is the minimum JAMB score for University?
Minimum JAMB score for University depends on your choice of school for admission, but I will advise you should score at least 200.